top of page
POST TREATMENT TIPS
PCA SKIN PEELS
- PLEASE inform us if you are using Retin A, Accutane, Renova or Differin. Discontinue the use of AHA's Retinol or Glycolic for 3 to 7 days prior to peeling service.
- Do not apply any medications following treatment not recommended by your technician, including AHA products.
- It is ideal to let the skin stabilize and rest overnight, but mineral makeup can be applied following the treatment if absolutely necessary.
- Avoid direct sun exposure and excessive heat. Use your Post Treatment products and don't leave your home without you SPF.
- Do not pick at or pull on any loosening or exfoliating skin. This could potentially cause hyperpigmentation.
- Do Not go to tanning booth or lay out in the sun for at least two weeks before or after a treatment.
- Discontinue the use of Retin-A/ Renova or Differin for five to seven days before and after treatment.
- Do not have electrolysis, collagen injections, Botox, threading, facial waxing or use depilatories for approximately 7 days before and after treatment.
- Do not schedule another treatment until your technician advises you to do so.
*** clients will need to purchase a $38.00 post treatment kit with all PCA Peels. ***
FOR TWO DAY FOLLOWING:
- Do not put the face directly into a hot shower spray. Do not use Jacuzzis, steam rooms or saunas.
- Do not go swimming or participate in activities that would cause excessive perspiration.
- Do not use a Clarisonic brush, washcloth, Buff- Puff's or other means of mechanical exfoliation.
- Do not direct a hair dryer onto the treated area.
- Stay cool! Getting heated internally can cause hyperpigmentation.
WAX PRE & POST CARE
- Hair should be at least 1/4 inch (eyelash length), usually about two weeks growth.
- Best to come in with exfoliated, hydrated skin.
- No tanning beds, swimming or work outs for 24 hours.
- Avoid touching skin or doing anything where bacteria is going to get into the pores for 24hrs.
- Please advise if you have any allergies.
- You can start exfoliating your skin 5 days after waxing using a mild scent free exfoliant. You can also start hydrating your skin the day after waxing using a light oil or scent free moisturizer.
- Please do not use any AHA, Lactic acid, glycolic acid and retin A facial products until at least 5 days.
Within the first 24 hours:
- Avoid makeup or harsh products on your eyes or lashes.
- Avoid contact of water on the eye area.
- Avoid heat such as saunas.
- Avoid oils on lashes or around the eye area.
Not all lashes can or should be lifted. There is a minimal length that is required for safety and optimum results. To avoid disappointment please contact us prior to booking your appointment or leave a note to make unsure you are a good candidate for this procedure.
Lash Pre Care:
- Show up to your appointment completely bared, if possible.
- No eye makeup, just clean lashes.
- Do not curl your lashes prior to appointment.
- Remove contact lenses.
- Be prepared to stay for up to 2 hours.
Lash Post -Care:
- Avoid using oil based/ waterproof mascara on your lashes, when used in volume lashes they close up the fans. Mascara is simply not necessary.
- Be aware that oil-based products (eyeliners, makeup, oil based makeup removers, etc.) directly on or near the eyes, will lessen the effectiveness of the bond.
- Do not use eyelash curler on your extensions, this will damage both your extensions and natural lashes. The extensions will never lose their curl.
- Do not rub your eyes, avoid excessive heat and water (24 hours AFTER appointment) such as: Tanning, sauna, hot yoga, placing face under direct water, dishwasher steam, smoking, hairdryer heat.
- Wash your lashes with approved lash cleaner, water is not enough.
- Do realize that lashes are a commitment, you may have to schedule 2-3 week fills.
bottom of page